Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week Four Round-Up: When your Sim life gets Ambitious...

Okay, so there's this new thing in my life that I'm not entirely proud of.  And if I'm granting full disclosure, it's not even new.
I have the Sims 3 on my iPod... and it's too much fun to put down.  I've always loved the sims series, and the tycoon series as well, really any game where I get to create and edit a world and then have achievements and goals and the like to show my progress is golden to me.  So the fact that Sims 3: Ambitions has become really addicting really fast should surprise exactly no one.  However, I'm taking a break from (alright... simultaneously working on...) my Sim life in order to update my real blog about my real life. Here's what has happened in the past week:
1. I stared reading Paper Towns by John Green. I know- not at all the book I said I was going to read, but I brought it with me on vacation and couldn't put it down.  I'm not done with it yet, but a few more reading sessions (hopefully today on the train in and out of the city...) and I should be done! I shall report back once I'm done, and then I guess it's time for another non-fiction book. No. Cheating.


2. My writing challenge starts tomorrow.  I still have no idea what I'm going to do for it, all I know is that I'm going to be writing daily.  I've gotten some good suggestions, and I really like them, but I can't decide between them AND my own ideas. *harumph*


3. Started cutting out the patterns for Jeremy's Jedi Costume.  Next time we're both in Stamford, I need to measure him to double check that he really needs an extra large and not a large (I think he'll only need a medium, but he doesn't believe me...) and then I will start pinning and cutting the fabric. W00t!


4. We watched Lady and the Tramp.  I forgot how much I enjoy that movie, which is to say a LOT. I really need to review the movies I've been watching.  I also saw Kung-Fu Panda II in 3D and it was surprisingly awesome.
I've got to head out to my interview in the city.  Wish me luck!
~Jenisaur

No comments:

Post a Comment