Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week Two Round-up... A couple days late

After an awesome weekend of doing mostly nothing, here's my report on last week's projects:
What my Pie would have looked like...

1. I branched out my pie making skills and tried my hand at a lemon meringue instead of my standard apple.  It took a lot longer than I expected, and I don't think it was the best, but my taste testers disagree.  I had tried making meringue before and knew that was going to be the hardest part, and it did actually take me two batches before I got it right, but I nailed it on that second go.  The cake baked perfectly with beautiful brown edges and peaks of meringue... and then it all ended in tragedy when my house mates decided to store their left over party food ON TOP OF MY PIE IN THE FRIDGE which is why there are no photographs.  Because really, that pie was beautiful, and then when I finally got the guts up to peel away the tin foil, the meringue had stuck itself to the foil and was no longer part of the pie.  I guess that will teach me to try and make delicious things in a house full of barbarians... (just a few more months before Jer and I get to move out...)  Anyhow I learned that I can't rush the baking process and I really need to remember to read the ingredients and directions list all the way through before starting.  I realized halfway through that I had no cream of tartar, but my Mom came to the rescue and looked up substitutes online for me.  As it turns out, lemon juice (1/4 tsp lemon juice for every 1/8 tsp cream of tartar) works just as well. 
About as sexy as you would expect
2. I haven't yet mentioned that I'm working my way through the list of the 49 Disney animated films that came before Tangled.  Last night Jer and I watched Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros.  They weren't my favorites, but I'm glad I saw them, because they've got so much history behind them and mark an important part of both Disney and America's history.  I think that project will probably get it's own post tomorrow, with a more in depth explanation of what I mean by that.

3. I'm burning through Star Wars III on my 3DS, and once I've beaten it I'll post a review (and I'll be allowed to buy Lego: Pirates for the 3DS... I've decided I can only buy it once I've beaten Star Wars.).  Jer and I started playing Lego: Pirates for the xbox 360 and it already glitched once on us.  Lego, when are you going to get all your glitches sorted out?  I love you, I'm still going to keep buying your games (Harry Potter II please...) but you really need to stop.

4. I promised a review of Thor last week and then never delivered.  That's my project for either tonight or tomorrow.  Time got away from me, and then I got away from reality and went to see Bowling for Soup in the city with Magz, Ben and Jer, followed by a lovely weekend doing literally nothing in Atlantic City, so... More regular writing this week.

That's week two in review, I guess.  I'm thinking about starting a real writing project for the month of June, either for writing reviews or editing regularly and posting the edited scenes from By the Sound.  I'm also hoping to shop some of my one acts that I know aren't finished to workshops and costumes and things like that.  We shall see.
Until next time!
~Jenisaur

No comments:

Post a Comment