Sunday, June 2, 2013

I need to take more advice from ZeFrank

I need to stop preparing and start doing.

My right hand has been in a brace for the past two weeks, but it's time to start weaning myself off a 24/7 schedule of wearing the brace, so I'm going to type up a post for the blog tonight.

Several things have been going on:
1. I am depressed. I wish that this was just me complaining, but it's not. I'm actually depressed and it's affecting my work, my motivation to do anything besides lay in bed, and pretty much everything else about my life. I'm working on it. It's a very slow process and life situations that I'd rather not get in to at the moment are making that work slower instead of faster.
2. I am co-manager at the Journeys in the mall now, which is great but also means I'm in the store like 50 hours a week. Not a lot of time to sit and reflect on my life, or time to write things that ever see the light of day, let alone the light of the internet. **sigh** That's an excuse, and I'm working on not making excuses any longer.
3. The brace got in my way. I couldn't write or type unless I was using my left hand (in fact as soon as this post is done the brace is going back on). Writing and typing with my left hand was possible, but very slow going and at times so frustrating that I had to stop or else I was going to give up entirely. I found a dictation website that I was using to help with blogging at IHoGeek, but that often caused similar problems when I had to go in and edit what the computer was hearing. Now that I'm getting my right hand back in small doses, I'm going to take as much advantage of that as possible without overworking myself and undoing all the rest I've been giving it. Because if I have to get another cortisone shot, I will literally pass out.
4. preparing for and attending Book Expo America. This didn't get in "the way" as much as took my attention and energy, when I had attention and energy to spare. Now the event is over and if I don't get back to writing, all that work will be for nothing because the whole point of making connections is to find somewhere for my writing to go...besides this blog. So here I am, blogging away until I have to put my brace back on.

Here's a video I found a while ago and I think of it often when I need some inspiration to just start writing and stop preparing to get my life started. Going to leave this here and get started on another project.

More soon.

--Jenisaur

No comments:

Post a Comment