Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Writer's Digest Writing Challenge

Writer's Digest has posted a writing challenge (at least I'm calling it a challenge) for the Holidays. You can find the complete challenge at the Writer's Digest website, it's called the 12 Day Plan of Simple Writing.
I'm starting today, because WHY NOT? 

Day 1: Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.
  1. The Critical Guide To Harry Potter
    • Written with Sarah Murray, at a writer's retreat, over long nights without sleep and pages and pages of notes.
  2. Tales of a Teenage Twenty-Something
    • This is what I want to call my memoir.
  3. This One Time...at Band Camp
    • Self-explanatory, and nowhere near as sexual as people expect it to be.
  4. Disney for In-Betweeners
    • A Travel guide for people in their twenties/early thirties.
  5. The Continuing Tales of Starbuck McLaw, Told by Those Who Knew Him
    • Technically, draft one has been written, but I want to COMPLETE IT.
  6. Mario Beats the Game
    • This will be a full-length play.
  7. Because the Chicken Told Me So
    • I don't know what this would be about. I don't care. I just want my name on a book with this title.
  8. <3 (Or Less Than Three. Or Geek Love)
    • Also a book I have the first draft for, but need to severely edit and complete.
  9. Cowboys and Can-Can Girls
    • Working title for a Western I've wanted to write since I was in the seventh grade
  10. Caught Between a Book and A Bookcase
    • I just came up with that. I don't know what it means.
Tune in tomorrow for more challenge work!

No comments:

Post a Comment